Following the Prime Minister's announcement on the 4th January 2021 that we will be entering a National Lockdown, we want to reassure our patients that our practice will REMAIN OPEN.
There are currently no restrictions placed on healthcare settings, including dental practices and you are actively encouraged to keep all scheduled appointments.
Since reopening in June, we at Great Wyrley Dental Practice, have introduced stringent measures to ensure that the safety of our patients and staff is our priority, including screening of all staff members and strict disinfection protocols, before, during and after every patient.
The practice maintains a closed-door policy and patients will be seen on a strict appointment only basis and subject to our COVID-19 pre-appointment screening procedures.
If you have any concerns about attending, please feel free to contact our reception team to discuss your concerns.
· Prior to your appointment you will be contacted by a member of our team who will complete a telephone Covid Screening Questionnaire.
· Please arrive on time for your appointment and call the practice on 01922413703 to inform us that you have arrived. If arriving by car, please use our new dedicated patient car park directly outside the building. A member of the team in PPE will then allow you to enter. We will endeavor to see to all patients at their designated appointment time, Unfortunately, in order to keep the practice safe and maintain social distancing, the waiting room and its facilities will be temporarily unavailable.
· Please wear a mask when you attend for your appointment, removing it only at the request of the dental professional.
· You will be asked to sanitise your hands at the sanitising station positioned at the main door.
· Your temperature will be taken upon entry.
· All necessary forms and documents will be completed upon entry and signed on your behalf to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
· You will then be escorted straight into the treatment rooms. Please bring as few belongings with you as possible as you will be asked to keep these with you at all times.
· If you usually pay for you dental treatment, we ask that you do so via a contactless payment card where possible.
We would like to thank you all for your co-operation in helping to keep the practice a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Dr Bhaven Patel